We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's an arepa? It's melted cheese sandwiched between two crispy corn pancakes -kind of like the Mexican version of a grilled cheese sandwich. Well, I finally figured out an easy way to prepare them!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices (4½ ounces) Mexican-flavored American cheese
- 1 (7½-ounce) package frozen corn toaster muffins (6 muffins), thawed
What to Do
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on the flat side of each of 3 toaster muffins. Top each with another toaster muffin and place in the skillet.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Corn toaster muffins can be found either near the baked goods or in the frozen food section of your supermarket next to the frozen waffles and pancakes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which makes it a great time to encourage everyone you love to get screened and spread the word. Another way to help is to raise money towards breast cancer research by hosting a bake sale. Our Pink Velvet Truffles are a rich-tasting treat that they'll love!
- Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich
- Bubblin' Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Copycat TGI Friday's French Dip
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Sloppy Joe Meatball Sandwiches
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
- Chicken and Slaw Wraps
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring