English Pub Steak Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For this mouthwatering recipe, we got our inspiration from a popular British pub specialty. Our English Pub Steak Sandwiches are great whether you're watching the game or just enjoying a delicious lunch. They're sure to earn you rave reviews!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- 2 (8-ounce) strip steaks
- 2 crusty hoagie rolls, cut in half horizontally
What to Do
In a small bowl, combine blue cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, and garlic; mix well and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter; add onions and salt and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove to a dish and set aside.
- Press peppercorns into both sides of steaks. In the skillet or on a griddle pan, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium doneness. Slice steaks across the grain and distribute evenly on hoagie roll halves. Top with onions and blue cheese mixture; serve immediately.
We have another British-style favorite your family with love -- Potato Crusted Catfish and Chips will have them practically speaking with a British accent!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Thanks to shortcuts like frozen puff pastry, we're able to make jaw-dropping pastries like our Raspberry Cream Danish. These are filled with a homemade cream cheese filling, which makes them extra-special. A raspberry in the center and a sprinkle of powdered sugar are the finishing touches to this bakery-style treat.