Grilled Pizza Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Move over grilled cheese, and say hello to Grilled Pizza Sandwiches - they're a pepperoni lover's dream! You'll want to buy a loaf of sturdy bread to contain all the ooey-gooey pizza mixture.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 6 ounces packaged sliced pepperoni
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Combine mayonnaise and Italian seasoning in a small bowl; spread 1/3 of mixture evenly on 1 side of bread slices.
- Layer pepperoni and cheese on mayonnaise side of 4 bread slices; top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise side down.
- Spread 1/3 of remaining mixture on tops of sandwiches. Place sandwiches, mayonnaise side down, in a hot griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until bread is golden. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture on ungrilled sides of sandwiches; turn and cook until sandwiches are golden.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 612
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 42g 64 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 72 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 27g 55 %
- Cholesterol 92mg 31 %
- Sodium 1,353mg 56 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g 19 %
- Sugars 4.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!