Italian Meatball Subs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our good friends who own an Italian restaurant in New York shared a tip with us that we use over and over. Instead of dry bread crumbs in your homemade meatballs, use cut-up slices of white bread. Your meatballs will come out moister and tastier.
What You'll Need
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 slices white bread, cut up
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6-inch) hoagie rolls, split
What to Do
In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce, ground beef, bread, onion, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, and garlic powder; mix well. Shape into sixteen 2-inch meatballs.
Meanwhile, in a soup pot, bring remaining spaghetti sauce to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add meatballs, cover, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until no pink remains in meatballs.
Place meatballs in rolls, top with sauce, and serve.
- Grate fresh Parmesan cheese over the meatballs just before serving.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 540
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 9.5g 48 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 39g 77 %
- Cholesterol 129mg 43 %
- Sodium 1,798mg 75 %
- Total Carbohydrates 69g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.7g 31 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which makes it a great time to encourage everyone you love to get screened and spread the word. Another way to help is to raise money towards breast cancer research by hosting a bake sale. Our Pink Velvet Truffles are a rich-tasting treat that they'll love!