Monte Cristo Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's our version of a classic French sandwich. Our savory Monte Cristo Sandwiches are simple and only take 5 minutes! Get ready for ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese between dense challah bread that's pan-fried to a nice golden brown. If you've never had a Monte Cristo before, then you're in for a treat!
What You'll Need
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
- 16 slices egg bread (challah)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- powdered sugar for sprinkling (optional)
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined.
- Equally divide the turkey, ham, and Swiss cheese on 8 slices of bread. Top with the remaining 8 slices of bread.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip two sandwiches, one at a time, in egg mixture, coating completely. Place in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until bread is golden and cheese is melted. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches, adding more butter as needed. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Serve sandwiches immediately.
Our taste-testers suggest topping these with warm whole-berry cranberry sauce or serving it on the side for dipping.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.