Open Faced Avocado Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Talk about a fresh 'n' tasty meal! Doesn't get any easier than our Open-Faced Avocado Sandwiches.
What You'll Need
- 1 avocado peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 oatmeal or whole wheat bread slices, toasted
- 4 (1-ounce) American cheese slices
- 8 thin tomato slices
- 1 cup coarsely shredded iceberg lettuce (see Note)
What to Do
- Toss avocado slices gently with Italian dressing; drain avocado well, reserving dressing.
- Spread mayonnaise evenly over 1 side of each bread slice. Top bread slices with avocado, cheese slices, tomato slices, and lettuce.
- Drizzle sandwiches evenly with reserved Italian dressing, and serve immediately.
For crisp iceberg lettuce, discard the outer leaves, and rinse and core the lettuce as soon as you get home from the supermarket. Whirl it in a salad spinner and chill it, wrapped in paper towels in a resealable plastic bag, until ready to use- at least an hour or up to 5 days.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.