Philadelphia Cheese Steak Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I love it when my travels take me to the home of the Philadelphia Cheese Steak Sandwich. Aside from meeting all of you, that's the best part of traveling!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds thinly sliced roast beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices (4 ounces total) provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned. Add the roast beef, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until the beef is completely heated through.
- Use tongs to place the meat mixture evenly over the roll bottoms. Place the open sandwiches on a large cookie sheet and place 1 slice of cheese over the meat.
- Bake for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Cover with the tops of the rolls and serve immediately.
If you want to have the roast beef for these great-tasting sandwiches always on hand, make Old-Fashioned Deli Roast Beef, then slice, wrap, and freeze it.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!