Philly Cheese Steak Pitas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How does a pita stuffed with shaved steak, sauteed peppers and onions, and finished with an ooey-gooey cheese sauce sound? We hope you said, "Pretty darn good!" 'cause that's exactly whats in this recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Pitas. This is one of the tastiest ways to stuff a pita yet.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green), cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds deli roast beef, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pitas, cut in half, with pockets open
- 1 cup cheese sauce (see Notes)
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; cook peppers and onion 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add beef to skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper; saute 2 to 3 minutes, or until no pink remains in the beef.
- Place beef in pita pockets, top with vegetables, and drizzle with melted cheese. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!