Shredded Chicken 'n' Pepper Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Shredded Chicken 'n' Pepper Sandwiches may surprise you because they are light, yet substantial! And everyone just loves chicken sandwiches!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 (1-pound) package frozen pepper stir-fry mix, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 bagel squares (see Notes)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
What to Do
- Place chicken in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker; add pepper stir-fry.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 4 hours. Remove chicken from sauce, and shred into large pieces using 2 forks. Return chicken to pan juices. Spoon chicken and vegetables evenly onto bagel bottoms, using a slotted spoon. Top with cheese and bagel tops. Serve immediately.
Feel free to toast the bagel squares, if you'd like. And if you can't find 'em, just use sub rolls. Serve up the pan juices on the side for dippin' these flavor-packed chicken sandwiches.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Good Ol' Tuna Noodle Casserole is filled with the mouthwatering flavors that you love in hearty dinner. We even made this classic recipe even easier with a few shortcuts to get you in and out of the kitchen and dinner on the table faster!