Sloppy Joe Meatball Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've been known to get a little messy at the dinner table, then we've got a meal that's just right for you! Try our Sloppy Joe Meatball Sandwiches for a hearty, saucy, and totally delicious way to take a trip down memory lane. Plus, the frozen meatballs are a great shortcut! This way dinner will be fantastic and ready in half the time.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (24-ounce) can Sloppy Joe sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound frozen cocktail-sized cooked meatballs, cut in half
- 5 hard rolls, split
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion and pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add sauce, brown sugar, and water; mix well. Add meatballs to skillet; cook covered 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
- If desired, toast the rolls; spoon on the meatballs and sauce.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Just so you know, we've tested this with turkey meatballs, vegetarian meatballs, and even meatballs with sausage mixed in, and all got great reviews.
- No need to mix and form your own meatballs! Look for the cooked and frozen variety in your supermarket. The package usually comes with 30 to 32 meatballs per pound.
- For more meatball recipes, try our Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs, our Meatball Street Tacos, or our Potluck Spaghetti & Meatballs!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 522
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23g 36 %
- Saturated Fat 7.1g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 19g 38 %
- Cholesterol 21mg 7 %
- Sodium 1,555mg 65 %
- Total Carbohydrates 55g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 18 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.