Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need something that's classically Italian? Try our Spinach and Cheese Stromboli. Refrigerated pizza dough is our shortcut to making this tasty meal in less than 15 minutes. It's a quick and easy vegetarian stromboli recipe that's guaranteed to fill you up. We're sure you'll agree, this simple Italian dinner is unquestionably tasty.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.8-ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add spinach and garlic and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until garlic is golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, the oregano, and salt. Add spinach mixture and stir until well blended.
- Unroll pizza dough and with your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread dough out to a 10- x 15-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise to make two 5- x 15-inch rectangles. Spread half the spinach mixture onto each piece of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Fold each piece of dough over and pinch the edges to seal securely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Check This Out!
- Wrap up this tasty Italian meal of homemade stromboli with our creamy and delicious Cannoli Cheesecake!
- If you loved this simple spinach recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Super Recipes with Spinach: 21 Spinach Salad Recipes, Spinach Dinner Recipes, and More.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Game Day Roast Beef Sliders
- Open-Wide "BPT" Sandwiches
- The Ultimate Hero Burger
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Deli-Style Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Tropical Pulled Pork Sliders