Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need something that's classically Italian? Try our Spinach and Cheese Stromboli. Refrigerated pizza dough is our shortcut to making this tasty meal in less than 15 minutes. It's a quick and easy vegetarian stromboli recipe that's guaranteed to fill you up. We're sure you'll agree, this simple Italian dinner is unquestionably tasty.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.8-ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add spinach and garlic and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until garlic is golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, the oregano, and salt. Add spinach mixture and stir until well blended.
- Unroll pizza dough and with your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread dough out to a 10- x 15-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise to make two 5- x 15-inch rectangles. Spread half the spinach mixture onto each piece of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Fold each piece of dough over and pinch the edges to seal securely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Check This Out!
- Wrap up this tasty Italian meal of homemade stromboli with our creamy and delicious Cannoli Cheesecake!
- If you loved this simple spinach recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Super Recipes with Spinach: 21 Spinach Salad Recipes, Spinach Dinner Recipes, and More.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!