We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We could almost guarantee you've never had quesadillas like this before! They're great as an appetizer, snack, for lunch or anytime! (And check out our tips for slicing poblano chilies.)
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large mild poblano chilies, thinly sliced (see Tip)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup natural rice vinegar
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, chili powder, and salt over high heat. Add the chilies and onion, and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the rice vinegar; cook, stirring, for 4 minutes, or until the vinegar evaporates. Remove from the heat and place in a bowl.
- Wipe out skillet, and preheat over high heat. Place a tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on the tortilla then spoon 1/4 of the chile and onion mixture over the cheese. When cheese is soft, fold the tortilla over in half and cook until the cheese is completely melted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. Slice and serve.
Here's how to slice the chilies: Cut off stems, cut chilies in half lengthwise, remove seeds then slice chilies into 1/4-inch strips.
Recipe courtesy of Mizkan Americas, Inc.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).