Tex Mex Steak Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cheese steak lovers, listen up! If you want a bit more zing in your sandwich then youve found the answer with this Tex-Mex steak sandwich thats smothered with cheese. Dont believe us? Give it a try.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into short, thin strips
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- 3 French or other sandwich rolls, cut in half horizontally
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (or a combination)
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, and saute 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add steak; cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes, until steak is no longer red and onions are almost tender. Add picante sauce, cumin, and garlic salt. Turn heat to high. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated; remove from heat.
- Preheat the broiler. Place rolls cut-side up on a baking sheet or broiler pan; broil just until cut sides are golden. Top each half with about 1/3 cup meat mixture then sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Broil just until cheese is melted. Serve with additional picante sauce, if desired.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!