Veggie Garden Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The bounty of in season summer produce is the inspiration for this hearty grilled veggie sandwich. Sink your teeth into the tastes of the garden and celebrate Mother Natures finest gifts!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 of a medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch round slices
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1 round loaf focaccia bread, sliced in half lengthwise
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Toss the eggplant, bell peppers, and mushrooms in the oil mixture. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and let sit.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and pesto; mix well then spread the mixture over both cut halves of the focaccia bread. Arrange the vegetable mixture on the bottom half of the focaccia and replace the top. Cut into wedges and serve.