The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Easy Weeknight Dinners: 20 Recipes for the Busy Cook
Copycat TGI Friday's French Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
We can't get enough copycat recipes! That's why we made this tasty sandwich, inspired by the menu at TGI Friday's. Our Copycat TGI Friday's French Dip is going to get your mouth watering. How do we know? Because everyone in the Test Kitchen said so! When Howard brought these out, everyone went nuts. We think you'll agree, this is probably our best copycat recipe yet.
What You'll Need
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced deli roast beef
- 6 Kaiser rolls, split in half
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onions in butter 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown; remove to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add broth, soy sauce, and pepper; heat until hot. Add beef and heat 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Using tongs, remove roast beef and place on rolls. Top with onions and Swiss cheese. Place on baking sheet.
- Preheat broiler to high. Place under broiler for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with beef broth on the side.
Check This Out!
- Looking for more copycat recipes? Try our Copycat Chipotle Chicken & Rice Bowl, our Copycat Tomato Soup, and our Food Court Cinnamon Buns.
- We love French Dip recipes! Try our Slow-Cooker French Dip Sandwiches, or our Fancied-Up French Dip!
- If you love beef, try our 30-Minute Beef Stroganoff, our Beefy Enchiladas, or our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cake doesn't just look pretty, it tastes amazing too! Our Strawberry-Lemonade Cake is a great cake for the warmer months, when we crave lighter and brighter flavors. Plus, it starts out with a box of cake mix, so you know it's going to be easy. We're sure you're going to love it!