Apricot Skewered Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sweet apricot preserves are kicked up with a little cayenne pepper in our recipe for Apricot Skewered Shrimp. This is a great change-of-pace way to serve skewered shrimp at your next cookout!
What You'll Need
- 4 wooden or metal skewers
- 1 1/4 pounds large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (20 to 25)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
What to Do
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread 6 shrimp on each skewer; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Grill shrimp 6 to 8 minutes, basting both sides with apricot mixture about 3 times while cooking.
We recommend leaving the tails on the shrimp when you peel them because it makes them easier to eat and they look great that way, too!