Apricot Skewered Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sweet apricot preserves are kicked up with a little cayenne pepper in our recipe for Apricot Skewered Shrimp. This is a great change-of-pace way to serve skewered shrimp at your next cookout!
What You'll Need
- 4 wooden or metal skewers
- 1 1/4 pounds large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (20 to 25)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
What to Do
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread 6 shrimp on each skewer; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Grill shrimp 6 to 8 minutes, basting both sides with apricot mixture about 3 times while cooking.
We recommend leaving the tails on the shrimp when you peel them because it makes them easier to eat and they look great that way, too!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.