Bistro Pan-Seared Scallops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take your dinner up a notch with this fancy and easy recipe for Bistro Pan-Seared Scallops. Perfectly cooked scallops are made even better with a flavor-packed sauce that you won't want to miss a single drop of!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound large fresh or frozen and thawed scallops, drained well
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon capers
What to Do
- Sprinkle scallops evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; saute scallops 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until browned and firm in center. Remove to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; cook the onion, garlic, tomatoes, and remaining salt and pepper 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Stir in wine and capers and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through. Serve sauce over scallops.
- Did You Know? Bay scallops are smaller than sea scallops. An easy way to remember is that the bay is smaller than the sea. What an easy way to tell the difference between the two!
- We think these pan-seared scallops go perfectly over a bed of wilted spinach.
- Here's another delicious way to prepare and enjoy scallops -- Scallops Oreganata!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 251
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 6.6g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 15g 30 %
- Cholesterol 50mg 17 %
- Sodium 854mg 36 %
- Total Carbohydrates 9.5g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 2.7g 0 %