We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't have to request time off to enjoy a taste of the tropics. With our recipe for Caribbean Shrimp, all the Caribbean flavors and spices you love are just five minutes away. Now all that's left is a little calypso music!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 24 extra large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, with tails left on
- Skewers (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine allspice, ginger, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; mix well.
- Place shrimp on skewers, if desired, and sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of shrimp.
- Coat a griddle pan or skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook shrimp 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until pink. Drizzle with lime juice and serve immediately.
- For that tropical taste, serve these over your favorite rice and with plantains. Also, store any leftover spice mix in an airtight container for later use. And if you use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for about 15 minutes before using, so they won't burn.
- If you want to enjoy shrimp in a variety of ways, we've got other seasoning blends for you to try: Tuscan Seasoning, Blackened Seasoning Blend, or Southwestern Seasoning.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 64
- Calories from Fat 8.0
- Total Fat 0.9g 1 %
- Saturated Fat 0.2g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.8g 14 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 1,407mg 59 %
- Total Carbohydrates 8.9g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 7 %
- Sugars 0.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!