Clams Casino Royale
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No matter how you roll the dice, these'll deliciously seasoned baked clams turn out to be winning starters for any bash!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 pound raw bacon
- 1/2 of a small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 dozen littleneck clams (see Note)
What to Do
- In a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade, combine the bacon, red pepper, and garlic; process until smooth. Add the bread crumbs and cheese and continue to process until thoroughly mixed and the mixture holds together; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large soup pot, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. Place the clams in the boiling water and cover. Steam the clams for 5 to 8 minutes, or until they open. Remove from the pot and place on a platter. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Preheat the broiler. Remove the top shell of the clam and discard, leaving the clam in the bottom half of the shell. Divide the bread crumb mixture evenly over the clams, spreading to completely cover the clams. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the topping is golden.
Makes 24 clams.
Larger clams may be used, but you may have to double the quantity of filling ingredients.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie requires just a few ingredients and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously! It doesn't get much better than a traditional cottage pie recipe that you can make in a snap. Plus, this cottage pie recipe uses simple family-favorite ingredients, so the whole gang is sure to love it.