Creamy Sambuca Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What a great unexpected combination of flavors. You've gotta taste this shrimp in a licorice-flavored sambuca sauce and see for yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sambuca (licorice-flavored liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Season the shrimp with the salt and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and sauté the scallions for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender. Add the shrimp and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, just until pink. Stir in the tomatoes, cream, and liqueur.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and flour; stir until smooth then add to the skillet and stir until thickened. Serve immediately.
For a heartier meal, serve the shrimp over warm cooked linguine or your favorite pasta or even yellow rice.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie requires just a few ingredients and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously! It doesn't get much better than a traditional cottage pie recipe that you can make in a snap. Plus, this cottage pie recipe uses simple family-favorite ingredients, so the whole gang is sure to love it.