Creamy Shrimp and Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love it when we're able to duplicate restaurant-style recipes at home. This Creamy Shrimp and Pasta dish is five-star dining at its finest!
What You'll Need
- 1 (7-ounce) package vermicelli
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 pounds cooked, peeled large fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil of 1 tablespoon dried basil
What to Do
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Keep pasta warm.
- While pasta cooks, process bell peppers and next 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, scraping down sides. Pour mixture into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring often, until heated.
- Add shrimp, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with basil.
To cook your own shrimp, you'll need to buy 4 pounds of unpeeled large fresh shrimp that haven't been cooked.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"