We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It can be a bit scary trying to get accustomed to new kinds of seafood, especially when you have to make it yourself. Trust us though; once you've tried our Crispy Calamari for yourself, you'll be happy you decided to give it a shot! We love serving this up as an appetizer for friends and family because we know they'll be impressed that we made an effort to serve up something other than the traditional chips and dip.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound cleaned calamari (squid) (see Tip)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Marinara sauce, warmed (optional)
What to Do
- Cut tube-like calamari bodies into 1/2-inch rings, leaving tentacles intact.
- In a large resealable plastic storage bag, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add calamari in small batches and toss until completely coated.
- In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Fry calamari in small batches for 4 to 6 minutes, or until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately as is or with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.
The easiest way to make this popular favorite is to buy calamari that's already cleaned, so you're ready to go when you get it home!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"