We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Southeastern coast produces lots of oysters for us, and I can't think of a better way to enjoy them than lightly fried and crispy on the outside, hot and creamy on the inside.
What You'll Need
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup cracker meal (see Note)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (8-ounce) containers shucked fresh oysters, rinsed and drained
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg whites, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until well beaten. In a shallow dish, combine the cracker meal and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip the oysters one at a time in the egg mixture, then in the cracker meal mixture, coating completely.
- Cook the coated oysters a few at a time for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until the coating is golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Cracker meal is finely ground cracker crumbs; it can be found near the bread crumbs in the supermarket.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"