We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Funny how when we mention garlic and shrimp everybody's eyes light up. Yup! Does it every time, and this one is a snap!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons plus 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (fresh or bottled)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the shrimp with the parsley and 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic; let sit in refrigerator, covered, for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove shrimp from refrigerator; heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes, until shrimp are pink and just cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Sometimes I add chopped fresh dill, basil, or scallions to give it a hint of the traditional scampi flavor. Chunks of swordfish, halibut, or imitation crabmeat work just as well if you want a change. This is great served over spaghetti or linguine.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"