Gumbo on the Grill
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Watch out, New Orleans! Now we can make hearty gumbo on the grill. Don't wait till Mardi Gras to try this Southern specialty.
What You'll Need
- 1 (14-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6-ounce) can chopped clams, undrained
- 1 (4-ounce) can tiny whole shrimp, undrained
- 1/2 cup medium salsa
- 1/2 cup instant rice
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In an 8-inch square disposable aluminum pan, combine all the ingredients; mix well.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place on the grill. Close the grill cover and cook the gumbo for about 8 minutes; stir it, recover it, and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
Stir in 1/2 cup water when reheating any leftover gumbo because the liquid will be absorbed while it sits overnight.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"