Jazzed Up Shrimp Etouffee
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Boy, oh boy, it sure is simple to get everybody's attention! No, it doesn't take a fancy cooking course to turn out fancy-looking and -tasting Creole dishes. There's no big secret with this one - garlic and cayenne pepper add all the pizzazz!
What You'll Need
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the onions, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and flour; mix well.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion mixture and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Season the shrimp with the cayenne pepper and salt and add to the skillet.
- Add the broth and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink and the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Serve over our recipe for Festive Rice for a meal fit for a king.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!