Lime Shrimp Skewers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Are you ready to take shrimp to a higher level? This fresh lime glaze that gets slathered on each shrimp skewer is what sets Lime Shrimp Skewers apart from any other shrimp kebabs you've had.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Equally divide the shrimp among the skewers; place on a plate and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients over medium heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove 1/2 cup sauce mixture and use it to brush over both sides of shrimp skewers; set aside sauce remaining in saucepan.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp skewers and cook 2 minutes.
- Brush shrimp with any sauce remaining from 1/2 cup used to brush on skewers. Cook shrimp 2 to 3 more minutes, or until pink and fully cooked. Remove skewers to a platter.
- Heat reserved sauce in saucepan then pour over shrimp skewers. Serve immediately.
This looks extra-tropical garnished with slices of lime.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 340
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23g 36 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 73 %
- Trans Fat 0.9g 0 %
- Protein 0.8g 2 %
- Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
- Sodium 360mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 35g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"