Linguine with Mussels
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No muscle is needed to get the family to the table when this dish of Linguini with Mussels is served!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound fresh mussels, cleaned (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook and drain the pasta according to the package directions; place in a large serving bowl and cover to keep warm.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat crushed tomatoes until simmering.
- Add mussels and cook 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except the pasta.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 3 to 5 minutes, until the mussels open. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Pour over the hot pasta and toss until evenly combined. Serve immediately.
- Some fish markets sell mussels already cleaned and ready for cooking. If you buy mussels that aren't prepared, here's what to do: Wash them under cold running water and scrub away any grit or barnacles with a stiff food scrub brush. Remove the black "beard" from each mussel by cutting or pulling it off.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 590
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 0.6g 3 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 31g 62 %
- Cholesterol 32mg 11 %
- Sodium 733mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 104g 35 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.3g 33 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"