Mardi Gras Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's another taste of New Orleans cooking, with those special authentic flavors?but without the traditional work or mess!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 pound cleaned cooked shrimp
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add the onion, garlic, green pepper, salt, black pepper, and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp; continue heating until the shrimp are warm, about 3 minutes. Serve over the rice.
For some variety, why not try adding some hot pepper sauce for a zing, or fresh tomatoes, basil, thyme, or zucchini?do whatever you like!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"