New York, New York Clam Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some people call this Manhattan clam chowder, but I like to call it New York, New York, 'cause it's twice as good as the others!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, chopped
- 5 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cans (14½ ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) baby clams, undrained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, celery, and carrots and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the onions are tender, stirring frequently. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 456
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 11g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 1.7g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 17g 35 %
- Cholesterol 9.0mg 3 %
- Sodium 1,620mg 68 %
- Total Carbohydrates 79g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 16g 63 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie requires just a few ingredients and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously! It doesn't get much better than a traditional cottage pie recipe that you can make in a snap. Plus, this cottage pie recipe uses simple family-favorite ingredients, so the whole gang is sure to love it.