One Cook Paella
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With one cooking you've got the option to make dinner for tonight and tomorrow, or dinner for tonight and lunch for tomorrow, or dinner for tonight and a frozen dinner for another night. So many choices!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 1 3/4 cups ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 bottles (8 ounces each) clam juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 pound medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
What to Do
- Brown the sausage over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes in a large pot that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and thyme; cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the rice, broth, tomatoes and their juice, clam juice, and turmeric; mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink, the rice is tender, and no liquid remains.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 356
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 24g 47 %
- Cholesterol 76mg 25 %
- Sodium 1,330mg 55 %
- Total Carbohydrates 58g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 13 %
- Sugars 3.6g 0 %