The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Lighten Up! 20 Tasty Healthy Recipes for the New Year from Mr. Food
Oven Roasted Scallops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Fennel, butter, and lemon, oh my! These Oven Roasted Scallops are succulent and served up to your loved ones, they'll be a crowd-pleaser among all.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops (about 24)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Rinse scallops, and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Combine egg and water in a bowl; stir well. Combine breadcrumbs, salt, and fennel seeds, if desired. Dip each scallop into egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place scallops on a lightly greased 10x15 inch rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle scallops with melted butter and lemon juice. Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until scallops are golden.
Because they're larger in diameter than bay scallops, sea scallops work best in this recipe that cooks 'em up nice 'n' brown! You'll find fresh sea scallops in the seafood department, or look for 'em in the frozen food section of your supermarket.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!