We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This New Orleans classic sandwich gets its big taste from remoulade sauce -- a sharp-flavored French sauce made with mayonnaise, mustard, capers, pickles, and spices. Find it in the condiments aisle of your supermarket.
What You'll Need
- 8 slices bacon
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (7-ounce) package cornmeal mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) container fresh Select oysters, drained (See Note)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups remoulade sauce
- 4 (6-inch) French bread rolls, split horizontally and toasted
- Lettuce leaves
What to Do
- Place bacon on a microwave-safe rack in a 7- x 11-inch baking dish; cover with paper towels. Microwave at HIGH setting 8 to 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp; drain.
- In a Dutch oven, pour oil to depth of 2 inches ; using a cooking thermometer to check, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal mix, salt, and pepper . Dip oysters in egg, then dredge in cornmeal mixture. Fry oysters in batches, 1-12/ to 2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain well on paper towels.
- Combine tomato and remoulade sauce; spread on cut surfaces of rolls. Arrange lettuce, bacon, and oysters on bottom halves of rolls; cover with tops. Serve immediately.
- We prepared the bacon in a 700-watt microwave oven. Cooking times may vary if your wattage is different.
- You can substitute 1 pound medium-sized fresh shrimp, peeled, for oysters, if you prefer.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"