Perfect Fried Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Most every Southern coastal town has loads of fresh shrimp available, and with frying being a favorite regional preparation, our Perfect Fried Shrimp recipe proves that the two go hand in hand!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, beat eggs and milk with a fork until well combined.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat oil until hot.
- Dip shrimp in flour mixture, then egg mixture, and again in flour mixture, coating completely.
- Cook shrimp about 1 minute per side, or until coating is golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
- Cocktail sauce, tartar sauce, or any of your favorite dipping sauces can be served with these shrimp. You might even want to try some barbecue sauces.
- Wanna serve this with your own Tartar Sauce? Here's our easy recipe!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're new to the world of "melting potatoes," then you're in for a real treat! Melting potatoes are potatoes that are crispy on the outside and melty-delicious on the inside. We used sweet potatoes in this recipe to make a version that's perfect for Thanksgiving. Our Melting Sweet Potatoes feature a maple glaze and a pecan topping for extra goodness.