Plantation Shrimp Cocktail
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Look at the docks off Georgia or the Carolinas and you'll see lots of shrimping boats. What better way to serve up all that luscious shrimp than in a shrimp cocktail where the shrimp has cooked in cocktail sauce with veggies. Mmm!
What You'll Need
- 8 cups water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 (12-ounce) jar cocktail sauce
What to Do
- In a large pot, bring the water, onion, and celery to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink; drain.
- Return the shrimp and vegetables to the pot, add the cocktail sauce, and cook over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Serve on iceberg lettuce leaves to create a bowl that's both colorful and edible. It's a perfect appetizer or even a light dinner.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"