Quick as a Wink Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ding dong? The doorbell is ringing and you need an appetizer in a flash! You can make this from start to finish in about 10 minutes. Is that quick enough?!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound medium-sized raw shrimp, shelled, with tails left on, and deveined (20 to 25 shrimp per pound)
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add Italian seasoning, brown sugar, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir in shrimp and stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes, until shrimp turns pink. Do not overcook or the shrimp will be tough.
- Place shrimp on a serving dish and pour sauce from the skillet over it. Serve immediately.
Shrimp are often sold according to the count per pound. I like to buy the ones that come 16 to 20 per pound or 20 to 25 per pound, but here's a great way to take advantage of whichever size is on sale.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"