Restaurant Style Shrimp Scampi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You might expect to pay quite a bit for shrimp scampi at a nice restaurant. But look how simple it is to make this lighter version at home (and you get to keep some of that savings in your wallet).
What You'll Need
- 1 pound uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, garlic, salt, and pepper, and saute 2 to 3 minutes, until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- Reduce heat to low and add wine and parsley to skillet; simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Toss shrimp with linguine. Serve immediately.
Give the shrimp a squeeze of fresh lemon right before tossing with the pasta. For even more heartiness and nutrition, use whole-wheat or spinach linguine. Mmm mmm!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!