Restaurant Style Shrimp Scampi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You might expect to pay quite a bit for shrimp scampi at a nice restaurant. But look how simple it is to make this lighter version at home (and you get to keep some of that savings in your wallet).
What You'll Need
- 1 pound uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, garlic, salt, and pepper, and saute 2 to 3 minutes, until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- Reduce heat to low and add wine and parsley to skillet; simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Toss shrimp with linguine. Serve immediately.
Give the shrimp a squeeze of fresh lemon right before tossing with the pasta. For even more heartiness and nutrition, use whole-wheat or spinach linguine. Mmm mmm!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!