Scalloped Seafood Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
How can we turn imitation crabmeat into a fancy main dish or a tasty appetizer for a sit-down dinner? Easy with this recipe for Scalloped Seafood Casserole.
What You'll Need
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- dash of black pepper
- dash of paprika
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 cups imitation crabmeat pieces (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat; add flour and stir until smooth paste forms.
- Add milk; cook for a few minutes until thickened, stirring constantly. Mix in Worcestershire sauce, parsley, pepper, paprika and sherry.
- Place mixture in prepared casserole dish. Cover with imitation crabmeat pieces. Make soft buttered bread crumbs by melting remaining 1 tablespoon butter and mixing with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over crabmeat pieces. Bake 20 minutes, until lightly golden.
Shrimp and real crabmeat work well, too. Serve over toast points.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 242
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 7.3g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 9.7g 19 %
- Cholesterol 47mg 16 %
- Sodium 795mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 9.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"