Seafood Fra Diavolo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fra diavolo refers to a dish with a sauce or flavoring that can be devilishly spicy. Our version has a kick but is really more flavorful than hot. See for yourself with this one that we created to celebrate the Olympics in Torino, Italy!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dozen little neck clams, cleaned
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned (see Note)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound spaghetti
What to Do
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden.
- Stir in the crushed and diced tomatoes, the oregano, basil, sugar, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the clams and mussels to the pot; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the clams and mussels have opened and the shrimp are pink.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions; drain. Discard any unopened clams or mussels then serve the seafood and sauce over the spaghetti.
If you buy mussels that aren't cleaned and ready for cooking, here's what to do: Wash them under cold running water and scrub away any grit or barnacles with a stiff food scrub brush. Remove the black "beard" from each mussel by cutting or pulling it off.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 609
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 43g 87 %
- Cholesterol 143mg 48 %
- Sodium 2,990mg 125 %
- Total Carbohydrates 79g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.4g 30 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie requires just a few ingredients and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously! It doesn't get much better than a traditional cottage pie recipe that you can make in a snap. Plus, this cottage pie recipe uses simple family-favorite ingredients, so the whole gang is sure to love it.