We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Calling all seafood lovers! Grab a spoon and a package of oyster crackers, 'cause this one's what fishermen call "good eatin"!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna in water, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat and sauté the mushrooms and onions for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the onion is golden. Add the reserved liquid from the oysters and tuna, and the half-and-half. Bring to a boil then add the rice, cover, and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in the oysters, tuna, and shrimp and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with the parsley just before serving.
You can substitute whole or chopped clams for the oysters, if you prefer.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a great new grilled chicken recipe that pairs the tropical flavors of mango and lime for a great summertime meal. Just let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight, then whip it up at your backyard bash, and everyone will think they've gone on vacation!