We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A Louisiana friend shared her recipe with me, and I've come up with a few shortcuts. What a simple way to take a trip to America's fine food center.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar (16 ounces) medium chunky salsa
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) broken shrimp, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat; add the onion and green pepper and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, reduce the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve over hot cooked rice. For a true New Orleans taste, add one 14-1/2-ounce can of okra after sauteing the veggies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"