We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fire up the grill to cook these easy Shrimp Packets that are begging to bring smiles to your gang. And you'll be smiling after dinner, too, since the only cleanup you'll have is to toss out the foil packets!
What You'll Need
- 4 (12- x 18-inch) sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds medium-sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
What to Do
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place equal amounts of pineapple in center of each foil sheet. Arrange shrimp in an even layer over pineapple.
- In a medium bowl, combine bell pepper and jalapeno pepper (if desired), the ginger, and seafood seasoning; mix well then spread evenly over shrimp. Top evenly with butter and brown sugar, and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Double-fold tops and ends of packets to seal, leaving a bit of room for heat to circulate inside packets.
- Grill packets, with grill cover closed, for 8 to 10 minutes or until shrimp is pink and veggies are tender. Open packets carefully, allowing steam to escape away from your face and body.
This makes a great dish served over warm cooked rice.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"