We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've had a hankering for a Mexican feast, then you'll love this seafood twist on a restaurant favorite. Our recipe for Shrimp Rellenos uses our signature "Quick & Easy" style to bring you a Mexican-style dinner in under 30 minutes. And with a smattering of veggies thrown in the mix, you can feel good about eating this meal.
What You'll Need
- 3 (4-ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 6 cups water
- 3/4 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp (see note)
- 1 small red apple, diced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
What to Do
- Cut green chilies lengthwise on 1 side; remove and discard seeds. Drain well on paper towels.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Chill.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Dice shrimp.
- Stir together shrimp, diced apple, and next 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon shrimp mixture evenly into green chilies, and arrange on mixed salad greens.
Note: You can save on prep time by asking your fishmonger to steam and peel the shrimp for you.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"