Shrimp on the Barbie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like copycat restaurant recipes, then our recipe for Shrimp on the Barbie is right up your alley. This recipe tastes like it came straight out of your favorite steakhouse. It's the flavorful blend of seasonings that really give it that "down under" flavor!
What You'll Need
- 8 metal or wooden skewers (soak wooden skewers 15 to 20 minutes before using)
- 32 colossal-size raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails on
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread 4 shrimp on each skewer and place on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, salt, black and cayenne peppers; mix well.
- Brush half the butter over top of shrimp and sprinkle with half the spice mixture. Place shrimp skewers on grill, seasoning side down. Brush uncoated side of shrimp with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining seasoning.
- Grill 2 to 3 minutes, then turn shrimp over and continue grilling 2 to 3 more minutes, or until shrimp are pink in color and lightly browned.
You know what would go really great with our recipe for Shrimp on the Barbie? This Lousiana Dipping Sauce!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This egg drop soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll be making it all the time.