Souped Up Crab Bisque
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
According to the dictionary, bisque is a thick cream soup. According to my family, it's a tasty meal all in one bowl.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups ready-to-use chicken broth
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups (1 quart) heavy cream
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained and flaked
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, melt the butter over high heat and sauté the onion, tomato, celery, garlic, and paprika for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the onion is tender. Stir in the flour until well mixed. Add the chicken broth and potatoes and cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Reduce the heat to low; stir in the cream, then the crabmeat. Simmer for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the soup is hot, stirring occasionally. Do not allow to boil.
For more color, I like to serve this garnished with sliced scallions.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!