Spaghetti Squash Scampi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bring out the pasta bowl full of this squash, and watch their expressions! They'll expect pasta, but boy, will they be pleasantly surprised with this spaghetti-like squash! Mmm mmm! What a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies!
What You'll Need
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Fill a soup pot with 1 inch of water. Add the whole squash and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a knife. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully cut the squash in half lengthwise, then use a soup spoon to remove and discard the seeds. Scrape the inside of the squash with a fork, shredding it into noodle-like strands.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, or until golden. Add the salt, pepper, and shredded squash and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through, stirring constantly.
If you prefer, you can make Spaghetti Squash Marinara by topping the cooked squash with spaghetti sauce instead of preparing it in garlic-butter. Both ways will surprise your family or guests.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"