Speedy Shrimp Scampi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Shrimp are a quick-cooking favorite here at the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. You'll love the restaurant-quality flavor in our Speedy Shrimp Scampi!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 pounds large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (see Note)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
What to Do
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add scallions, minced garlic, lemon rind, lemon juice, and salt; cook garlic mixture 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly.
- Reduce heat to medium; add shrimp, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in parsley and hot sauce. Toss with warm pasta.
Save time by having your supermarket's seafood section peel and devein the shrimp for you.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"