Spicy Louisiana Style Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Six ingredients is all it takes to make Spicy Louisiana Style Shrimp. This dish is always one of our favorites because of its ease and flavor.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (see note)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place French bread halves cut side up on a baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes or until bread is golden. Cut each bread half into 3 pieces, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven. Add onions, garlic, and seasoning. Cook over medium heat until onions are tender.
- Add shrimp. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over bread.
If time's a factor, buy already peeled shrimp at the supermarket. You'll need 2-1/4 pounds of peeled, large fresh shrimp to equal 3 pounds of large fresh shrimp in the shell.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"