Thai Shrimp Stir-Fry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can bet that there's a whole lot of flavor in this one! Our recipe for Thai Shrimp Stir-Fry is just what you need to change up your usual dinner routine. It even features a nice crunch from a surprising ingredient - watermelon rind! We know you're going to love this one.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned watermelon rind (see Note)
- 1 onion, cut in half, then cut into 1/2 moon slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in half then cut into 1/2 moon slices
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails removed
- 1/4 cup Thai chili sauce
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add carrots, watermelon rind, onion, and yellow pepper; saute 6 to 8 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Add shrimp to skillet and saute just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in Thai chili sauce, cook until warmed through, and serve.
- We like to serve this flavorful dish over some warm white rice.
- The watermelon rind is the white portion of the fruit, and it's totally edible. It's great for everything from pickling to using in soups. It has a pretty mild flavor with a crisp texture, which is why we love it in dishes like this one.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 197
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 26 %
- Cholesterol 107mg 36 %
- Sodium 649mg 27 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Switch up your dinnertime routine by serving up our cheesy, baked Spinach and Artichoke Calzones. They're perfect for holding right in your hand and dunking into your favorite marinara sauce. You might just find yourself making these as an on-the-go lunch, too!